Sunday, August 31, 2008

Alicia Ross

This song if off of Kathleen Edwards's wonderful 2008 release Asking for Flowers. It describes the last minutes in the life of Alicia Ross from Ross's perspective just before she was tragically murdered by her neighbor in August 2005. Although this terrible event took place just north of my home in Toronto, I did not know about it until I heard Edwards's song. I was traveling in Europe in August of 2005, and I missed the media frenzy behind Ross's disappearance. When I first heard this song I was immediately captivated by Edwards's strong vocal performance and the graveness of the lyrics. It literally brought tears to my eyes the first few times I heard it, and this was before I knew the heartbreaking story behind the song. Go out and buy this album. You won't regret it.

Alicia Ross.mp3
Buy: Asking for Flowers (2008)
Also on iTunes and eMusic.

No comments: