Monday, August 4, 2008

Windsor

I am in Windsor, Ontario, this week for the 4th Canadian Transplant Games, an Olympic-style athletic competition for people who have had life saving organ transplants. Tomorrow I compete in cycling (5K Time Trial, and 20K road race). The weather is supposed to be hot and humid, so there is a good possibility that I will vomit after the race. Windsor is the only spot in Canada where you can look north and see the United States - across the Detroit River into downtown Detroit. While Detroit has churned out so many musical artists that it would take months to blog about all of them, the only musical act that I can come up with from Windsor is The Tea Party. I am sure that there are others, but I don't know them. The Tea Party was very active in the late 1990s, and most of my friends in Canada are huge fans. This song was number one on Canadian radio in 1999.

Heaven Coming Down.mp3
Buy (out of print in the US but available on Amazon.ca): Triptych (1999)

No comments: