Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2009 Half Way Report

Here is a list of 2009 album releases which I have very much enjoyed so far this year. They are in alphabetical order per how they appear on my crappy Zune. So far, I think I that the Justin Townes Earle album Midnight at the Movies is my favorite, but we still have a lot of good music to get through before the end of the year.

I'm looking forward to these albums that were just released, or are to be released later this year.
  • Charlie Robison - Beautiful Day (June 23)
  • Drive-By Truckers - The Fine Print: Oddities and Rarities (Sept. 1)
  • Levon Helm - Electric Dirt (June 30)
  • Magnolia Electric Co. - Josephine (July 21)
  • Patterson Hood - Murdering Oscar (June 23)
  • Richmond Fontaine - We Used to Think the River Sounded Like a Freeway (Aug. 17)
  • Son Volt - American Central Dust (July 7)
  • Wilco - Wilco (The Album) (July 7)

What have I missed?

3 comments:

simon2307 said...

Great list, I'd have these too.

Slaid Cleaves - Everything You Love Will Be Taken Away

Scott Miller - For Crying Out Load

Ryan Bingham - Roadhouse Sun

It's turning into a vintage year I think.

Anonymous said...

Good lists! I can't wait for the new MEC and hope they bring their never ending tour up here again.

My pics:

1) Brakesbrakesbrakes - Touchdown
2) Jon Rae Fletcher - Oh Maria
3) Rock Plaza Central - At the Moment of Our Most Needing
4) Woodpigeon - Treasury Library Canada
5) Vulture Whale - II

No Order:
Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears - Tell Em What Your Name Is
Heartless Bastards - The Mountain
Dexateens - Singlewide
Jay Clark and the Jones - Blue Cholera
Eamon McGarth - 13 Songs of Love and Hate
Julie Doiron - I Can Wonder What You Did With Your Day
A C Newman - Get Guilty


(not sure that our tastes exactly match, but they overlap a ton)

Rockstar Aimz said...

I missed some so far in 2009. Totally forgot about Jon Rae Fletcher's release. I need to pick that one up ASAP. I've listened to Slaid Cleeves and Woodpigeon a bit, and liked what I have heard.

Definitely an excellent year for music.