Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Video: The Sadies, Postcards



My favorite Canadian band The Sadies officially release their new album Darker Circles today. I wrote a mini review of this album back on May 1. To briefly summarize, its fantastic, especially if you like The Byrds and dark lyrics. In addition, the band released a killer hippie trippie video to my favorite song on the album, "Postcards." The video was directed by Rick White. If you don't know Rick White, get off your ass and do some research!

Buy (Canada, Outside Music): Darker Circles (2010)
(Everywhere else, Yep Roc)

4 comments:

SteveA said...

I love the song - it's like indie country alternative - does that make sense?

simon2307 said...

Makes sense to me Steve, love this album, best thing I've heard this year.

Rockstar Aimz said...

Totally makes sense to me too SteveA! I also like to describe the Sadies as "country spaz rock." I can't wait for their CD release party on Sunday! Wish you two could join me!

Anonymous said...

strange thing about that video is that they are missing the steel guitar. There is a lot more going on than the 4 guys are doing. Great song, but if they don't carry a steel guitar player with them, I wonder what it and the rest of their stuff esp. from Darker Circles will sound like live.