Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Erection Day!

A few weeks ago I was chatting with my buddy Jimmy about the Toronto mayoral elections, and he said, "Remember that movie Brewster's Millions? I want to vote for 'none of the above.'" The basic plot of this movie is that the Richard Pryor character Montgomery Brewster has 30 days to spend $30 million, and if he can do it, he will win $300 million. So in order to blow as much money as possible, Brewster decides to stage a "none of the above" protest campaign for the New York City mayor's seat. I kind of feel the same way about the US mid-term Senate and Congressional elections. The Republicans are bat-shit crazy and the Democrats are total pansies, and both parties are in bed with big money lobbyists and rich corporate assholes. They all disgust me.

"Republicans. That's what scares people these days. That, and Democrats." - Todd Snider

Tension.mp3
From: Patterson Hood and Todd Snider, Live At The Georgia Theatre (July 10, 2003)

"And all them politicians, they all lyin' sacks of shit. They say better days upon us but I'm sucking left hind tit." - Drive-By Truckers

Puttin' People on the Moon.mp3
Buy: Live from Austin Texas (2009, CD/DVD)

This is my new favorite song: "I'm a liar, a cheater, a fraud. I'm a weasel, a buzzard, a dog. I'm always your friend but I'm always for sale. I'm a skunk so don't get too close to my tail." - Trigger & Some Dudes Named Roy

Congressmen.mp3
Buy: Cowboy Logic (2010)


I'm Rockstar Aimz and I approve this message.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIMZ! Aimz for President!