Friday, December 31, 2010

Rainy New Years Eve

Rain? In January? In Canada? Oh man, I am feeling extra lazy/basic today, so I am just going to post the same thing I posted last Dec. 31. I'm going to get drunk and see The Sadies tonight! Whoo-Hooo!

Have a great night people! And thanks so much for indulging my vanity and reading my blog!

Todd Snider - Happy New Year/All That Matters.mp3
From: Live at Grimey's (2007, out of print)
I want to be Todd Snider when I grow up. I have never seen him live! That will change in February. I cannot wait! Also, Snider has a live album coming out in February called The Storyteller. If that doesn't get you excited about 2011, I don't know what will.

The Mountain Goats - This Year.mp3
Buy: The Sunset Tree (2005)
I love this song. I love this entire album! The Mountain Goats also have a new album for 2011 called All Eternals Deck which will be released in March.

NQ Arbuckle - Good Night Irene on New Years Eve.mp3
Buy: Last Supper in a Cheap Town (2006)
My favorite New Years song, from my second favorite Toronto-based band (the first being The Sadies). I don't know if NQA are planning a 2011 release, but I sure hope so.

Lightin' Hopkins - Happy New Year.mp3
From: Sittin' In with Lightnin' Hopkins (1993, out of print)
And we close with some classic blues. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: