Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Losing My Religion in a Major Key

This video just jumped across my twitter feed and I find it completely fascinating. The fine folks at Major Scaled TV digitally redid R.E.M.'s "Losing My Religion" so it's in a major key. It's totally freaking me out.



Compare to the original:
Losing My Religion.mp3
Buy: Out of Time (1991)

I don't know much about keys, and certainly can't tell you what minor key it was written in and what major key the new digital version is in. At least not by ear. Can one of your musical types help me out?

The Major Scaled TV people have also digitally converted The Doors "Riders on the Storm" and Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" into major key songs. The Metallica song almost sounds poppy!

1 comment:

Tom Moore said...

This blows my mind. The original is in A minor. This one is in A major. Wild!

TOm